Course FAQs

Learn more about RSA & RCG Online Courses with RSA Online.


Are there additional costs involved?

The course fee is the only cost there are no hidden charges. If you make a mistake you will be given an opportunity to complete the quiz again.

Can Centrelink pay for me?

What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.

Can I pay my package in installments?

Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!

Can someone else buy the RSA online course with their credit card and then use a different name for the student?

Yes, sign up in the students name then on the Billing Information section change the students details to the person paying details.

Can you get me a job?

Although we cannot guarantee you a job, we would be delighted to refer you to an agent who may be able to assist you to find work.

I made a mistake when spelling my name, can I change it?

No - you will need to email us so we can change it.

What if I have trouble with written/spoken english for a Course?

You may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.

What name will appear on my RSA certificate?

The student name that you use when setting up your account will appear on your RSA certificate. Please ensure that you spell your name correctly and write your name exactly as it appears on your photo identification including your middle name.

What payment methods do you accept?

Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.

Why do I need to enter my date of birth during payment and enrolment for online RSA?

Your date of birth is required as it will be added to the certificate.

Online Courses

Can I come and go as often as I like and will the system remember where I am up to?

Yes log out and log back in when you are ready and the system will remember where you were up too. Remember you must complete quizzes before logging off or it will be marked as a fail.

Can I review the content of a section again before taking the quiz?

Yes, this is recommended.

Can I use a Mac or PC?


Can I use an internet cafe computer or a work computer?

Yes, you can access your course at any time using any computer.

Can I use an Iphone or Ipad?

No - this is not compatible with these devices.

Do I need broadband internet?

We recommend you have a standard broadband connection.

Do I need speakers?

Yes, or headphones will work.

Do I need to install software?

You don't need to install anything on your computer however you will need the latest version of your preferred browser and flash installed.

Do I need to receive an email to enrol in online RSA

No you can enrol during payment process but you will receive an email with details just the same. Remember to check your spam or junk email.

How do I get my Certificate?

Once you've successfully completed your course you'll need to fill out some information which is required by the Australian Government. We simply need a few bits of information about you and your USI number (more information here). Once we've got this information we will email your certificate to you.

How do I know which answers were wrong?

You will be advised if your answer is correct or incorrect at the end of the each question.

How do I save where I am up to?

Select submit and save.

How long do I have to complete the training?

Take as long as you need. Your course will not be deemed as complete until you have successfully completed the course.

How many times can I fail the same answer?

If you fail a quiz you will be locked out for 1 hour allowing time to study that section again. After 1 hour the quiz will be unlocked and you can try again. If you need to have the quiz unlocked within the hour you can contact us via chat or email for further assistance.

Is Online training as good as classroom training?

Yes, RSA online courses are all designed to engage the learner so you have fun while you learn, all courses are fully accredited.

Is the RSA certificate in PDF format and can it be printed and saved?

Yes- the certificates are in PDF format and can be saved and/or printed.

Is there an assessment and is it online?

Yes - there is a quiz at the end of each section.

Is there training support if I get stuck?

Yes - there is a customer service team and qualified trainers available to support you via live chat during business hours or via email after hours.

I've forgotten my password, what do I do?

You can easily reset your password by clicking the reset button.

What do I need to start learning?

Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari are recommend.

Why learn online?

Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.


Are other states RSA's Recognised in NSW?

Currently RSA trained in NSW is recognised in most other states of Australia. If you are from outside NSW and have an RSA Certificate from another state you can do the RSA with TCP and we will give you a $10 discount when you bring in your other Certificate as proof.

Can I still work while I am waiting for my Competency card?

You can once you have received your interim certificate, except in the Kings Cross precinct. If you work in this area, you need to have a Competency RSA Photo Card before you can sell or serve alcohol.

Do I need RSA and RCG outside of NSW?

An OLGR Competency Card for RSA and RCG is mandatory in NSW. The RSA SITHFAB0098 Statement of Attainment is a nationally recognised unit of competency from the Cert II Hospitality this is accepted in WA, NT & SA. In Queensland a QLD OLGR RSA certificate is mandatory. In Victoria & Tasmania you must have a Certificate issued from an RTO approved in that state therefore in all those states you will need to attend another course. Expiring certificates: All RSA/RCG certs that were issued before 2007 have expired. Avoid the fine and get recertified.

Do you have to be 18 or older to do your RSA online?

No any one can do their RSA online but you can only work in a venue that sells alcohol if you are 18 years or over.

Does my state or territory accept online RSA training?

Each state and territory have different requirements, QLD, SA, WA, NT, NSW & ACT all accept online but only if the course is conducted with a provider approved by the relevant state government. In VIC you can complete an online bridging course provided your current RSA certificate was obtained by attending a face to face course. TAS does not accept online training.

How long does it take to get my Certificate?

Once you have successfully completed the course you can download your Statement of Attainment immediately. NSW OLGR certificates will be emailed to you within 1-3 working days.

I am travelling to Australia and want to work can I do my RSA online?

Yes just make sure you complete the RSA for the state in which you want to work. The law varies from state to state so you will need a different card or certificate for each state.

I want to do an RSA bridging course. What existing certificates can I use to "bridge" from?

You must email us a valid RSA certificate from another state before you can give you access to your course. Details will be provided in your confirmation email.

If you are serving but not selling alcohol do you still need a certificate?

Yes legislation stipulates that any person serving or selling alcohol must hold an RSA certificate including people who work in BYO restaurants and bottle shops.

Is my old certificate still valid?

Nationally recognised RSA Certificates do not have an expiry date however, there is a requirement that qualifications are current with the SITHFAB009A Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol course code. The certificate must also state the name and RTO no of the approved Registered Training Organisation (RTO) where it was obtained. For further information regarding each State’s requirements and a list of approved training providers, click on the links below: Western Australia - click here Queensland QLGR certificate is valid for 3 years - click here Northern Territory - click here South Australia - click here ACT certificate is valid for 3 years - New South Wales OLGR competency card is valid for 5 years. If you have an old paper certificate these are being phased out over the next 5 years check to find out when your certificate expires. You need to sit the course again to be eligible for a competency card whether your certificate has expired or not.

Is this course accredited?

Yes, RSA online is a division of Training Course Professionals RTO: 91118 which is a Registered Training Organisation approved and accredited to deliver RSA training.

What about practical demonstration of skills?

Every establishment has its own house policy and induction training programme and you should familiarise yourself with them and practice these in your place of employment. Alternatively, we offer hands on training via our Sydney Bar School. Visit

When can I print the RSA Certificate?

Once you have successfully completed the course you will be emailed your Statement of Attainment which you print your immediately.

Why can I do my RSA online for everywhere accept NSW?

On 28th January 2014, the NSW Government released a statement saying that the online RSA course for NSW could be revoked. It was discussed in Parliament the next day. Although there has been no official notification that this proposal has been implemented as a result of those discussions, TCP TRAINING, along with many other companies who offered the NSW course online, have made the decision to offer a classroom course as an alternative until a final decision has been made. The reason for this is, if the course is revoked, anyone who has enrolled in the course but not yet completed the course, would not qualify for a certificate. We don’t want you to miss out on your certificate.

training course professionals travellers at work ultimate travel rsa online tcp training sydney rockfish catamaran hire sydney bar school nsw white card courses sydney